Ludo is a popular board game that is known to have originated in India and made its way from Indian shores to England and the USA, where both the board design and names took on different forms so that they would appeal to the masses. It can also be played online on a mobile app or on a web browser.
As The Guardian states, thanks to the presence of smartphones and tablets, players have an affordable way to try out digital versions of Ludo, with many going on to buy physical copies as well.
Players can choose to play with other online players or with computer-generated players. These online Ludo games often have features like chat rooms, rankings, and leaderboards, making it a fun and competitive experience. The most common game modes are single-player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer, and they often come with additional features such as different themes, game boards, and player avatars.
If you need another compelling reason to download and play any Ludo real money apk, know that it is possible to earn real money by playing it.
Irrespective of how they are played, the core gameplay remains the same. Ludo, for example, is played on a cross-shaped square board with four colors – red, blue, green, and yellow. Each player picks four pieces of any color, which they must move from the starting point to the finish line. To win the game, a player must take all their tokens home before the others manage to do.
When developing Ludo in a digital format, developers are free to unleash their creativity to create unique modes and in-game features not available when playing the old way. These could include avatars in place of tokens, board themes, Ludo with power-ups that offer players advantages over opponents, etc.
But some people prefer to remain old school as they like the tactile nature of physical boards and coins. As an interesting departure from store-bought Ludo, it is worth considering coming up with a DIY Ludo board, as it can be a fun and engaging experience for all involved.
Here are the required steps to follow should you look to create your own Ludo board:
First off, you need to stock up on the necessary materials to make the board and tokens.
- 1 square board, ideally 16” x 16”
- Acrylic paint in red, blue, green, and yellow
- Masking tape
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Small paint brushes
- Glue stick
- Clay for the coins and dice in each of the token’s colors. It will be readily available at any toy store or online seller.
Steps to Make the Board:
- The first step is to measure and mark the center point of your board. This will be the game’s starting point. The dimensions of the starting positions and home base will depend on the board size.
- Divide the board into four equal parts. For this, you need to draw lines across the board by using a ruler.
- Next, use the masking tape to highlight the areas for each player’s home base.
- Use your pencil to sketch out the track of the Ludo board, starting from the center point and moving outward. The track should have four arms and be three lanes wide, each terminating in a home base.
- Once the track has been sketched, use painter’s tape to mark off the route, which will help you paint the track more accurately.
- You may use any shade, but picking lively colors will make the board aesthetically pleasing.
- Use a small paintbrush to carefully fill in the spaces between the masking tape. You may also paint the arms of the track in varied shaded to give them a distinctive look.
- Now, it is time to peel off the masking tape. But before you do so, make sure the paint has dried sufficiently.
- We are almost at the end. All that is left is to paint the home bases. The color used should match the shade of the starting point for the tokens. Painting a border around each base will help it stand out.
- Finally, for the finishing touches to your Ludo board, feel free to add decorative elements around the board or at the center. A kaleidoscopic home zone instead of the standard one most Ludo boards have would be an eye-catching addition.
- And voila! You now have your very own DIY Ludo board to enjoy with friends and family.
Steps to Make the Coins and Dice:
If you wish to save yourself time, you may simply use the tokens from any of the board games you would have lying around. But if you wish to channel your creativity further, you can make these at home too. To begin, get your hands on some clay of different colors and mold them into the shape of the coins. In case you run into a hitch, feel free to look up video tutorials on how it’s done.
Making the dice should be easy as pie. Form the clay into two tiny squares, and once done, paint the surface in a contrasting shade with dots that signify the numbers as on actual dice.
Online Ludo vs. Offline Ludo:
If it is convenience and a large player pool is what you are looking for, then online Ludo would be a better choice. On the other hand, if a traditional gaming experience and personal interaction matter more, offline Ludo is the way to go.
While some may argue in favor of playing online as it offers more variety than the traditional format, hardcore Ludo fans may prefer to stick with the orthodox option thanks to the nostalgic value it evokes for them.
Both online and offline versions have their own endearing attributes that make individuals gravitate toward them based on personal preferences.